The deadline for abstract submission is January 16, 2015, 23:59 CET. Submissions received after this deadline will not be considered.
Click here to submit your abstract to ISEV2015.
Before preparing your abstract, please read the guidelines below or download the pdf guide.
Instructions: Online Submission
- The online submission system will take you step-by-step through the submission of your abstract.
- To access the abstract form, a login name and password are required. You may choose your own login name and password.
- Before final submission of your abstract, you can access and edit your abstract as often as necessary.
- After submitting your abstract successfully, you will receive confirmation of the submission by e-mail.
- Please note that you will no longer be able to edit your abstract once you have pressed the FINAL SUBMISSION button .
- Name and complete address, including a correct e-mail address of the first (presenting) author, to whom correspondence will be sent by e-mail. The first author is the presenting author.
- Abstract title: The title (including spaces) should not exceed 200 characters. Please only capitalise the first letter of the first word (does not apply to abbreviations). Do not type a full stop (.) at the end of the title and please do not use trade names.
- Topics: Select 2 topics and indicate the first and second choice.
- Presentation preference: Select oral or poster.
- Abstract text may not exceed 2000 characters.
- Do not use HTML codes and ‘end of lines’ as the text will automatically wrap.
- Please adopt the following structured format: Introduction / Methods / Results / Summary/conclusion
- Registration of co-authors: please fill out the family names, first names, institute, city, and country of the co-authors.
- Graphs, tables and pictures are not allowed.
1. EV biogenesis (from prokaryotes to eukaryotes)
2. EV in the environment and cross kingdom communication
3. Cellular and organ targeting of EVs
4. EVs in cellular differentiation & organ development
5. EVs and the immune system
6. EVs in the nervous system (including blood-brain-barrier)
7. EVs in reproduction & pregnancy
8. EVs in tissue injury & coagulation
9. EVs in tissue repair & remodeling
10. EV in tumor immunology
11. EV in tumor angiogenesis
12. EVs and stem cells (including cancer)
13. EV in cancer
14. EVs in acute and chronic Inflammatory disorders
15. EVs in diseases of the nervous system
16. EVs in cardiovascular diseases and vascular disorders
17. EVs in viral infections
18. EVs in parasitic, bacterial and fungal infections
19. EV-based cancer Biomarkers
20. EV-based non-cancer Biomarkers
21. EV-inspired therapeutics and vaccines
22. Analysis of EVs in body fluids; preparative studies, spike-ins, etc.
23. EV proteomics & lipidomics
24. EV transcriptomics
25. Novel developments in EV isolation
26. Novel developments in EV characterization
General abstract guidelines
1. The abstract must contain primary scientific data or detail clinical observations.
2. Product-oriented abstracts submitted by industry representatives that do not meet the scientific or clinical requirements will be rejected. (To present novel products during ISEV2015, please see our sponsor brochure, in which we offer several possibilities for oral presentation in the sponsor track.
3. Abstracts submitted for ISEV2015 must contain original information, not published elsewhere.
4. The first (presenting) author is responsible for ensuring that all authors have read the abstract and agreed to be co-authors.
5. All research and studies in submitted abstracts that involve human subjects or experimental animals must comply with the Declaration of Helsinki.
6. In clinical studies, please state whether informed consent was obtained and whether the study was approved by a recognized medical ethics committee.
7. If off-label use of drugs was involved in the study, please state this clearly.
8. If the research included in your abstract was supported by industry, indicate this when uploading your abstract.
9. Indicate the funding agency of your work if applicable.
10. The abstract title and text may not contain trade names. ISEV reserves the right to replace trade names in accepted abstracts.
11. Do not partition results from the same study into multiple abstracts. ISEV reserves the right to reject abstracts when inappropriate partitioning of data is suspected.
12. Similarly, do not submit a copy or close copy of an abstract under more than one topic.Abstracts that appear to be submitted multiple times under different topics will be rejected.
13. Abstracts should be submitted in clear English to allow the reviewers to focus on the scientific content of the abstract. Non-English speaking authors are encouraged to have their abstract checked for grammar and spelling.
14. ISEV assumes that all presenting authors have proficiency in English, and thus are able to present and respond to questions. Authors are otherwise encouraged to choose poster presentation as their preference.
Abstract review, selection and publication
- An international panel of experts representing all subspecialities and based in a large number of countries will review all abstracts received on or before January 16, 2015.
- Each abstract will be reviewed by three experts.
- The first (presenting) author will receive confirmation of acceptance for oral presentation, poster presentation, or a notice of rejection, on or around February 15, 2015, by e-mail.
- No revisions can be made after the abstract deadline.
- There will be room for a very limited number of late breaking abstracts with a later deadline.Please consult the ISEV meeting website for details.
- The highest ranked abstracts will be selected for oral presentation.
- Authors of abstracts selected for oral presentation will be informed about the session and date of presentation, and presentation guidelines will be provided.
- Poster presenters will be informed about the date of the poster session and will receive guidelines for preparation and presentation.
- High-quality abstracts accepted for poster presentation and submitted by junior investigators (<10 years after PhD) will also be considered for an oral “poster-pitch” session to accompany poster presentation.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in The Journal of Extracellular Vesicles and will be made available on the congress website at the time of the meeting.
If authors wish to withdraw the abstracts from presentation or publication, they are requested to send an e-mail to the Registration and Abstract Handling Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 1, 2015. After February 1, abstracts will be prepared for publication in The Journal of Extracellular Vesicles. Withdrawn abstracts cannot be presented or published.